Wall cabinets come in a variety of shapes and sizes and are used to store and / or display objects. Wall cabinets are usually very strong and, moreover, often bear much weight. For this reason, it is imperative to hang wall cabinets properly, use the standard constructor methods.
No need to be a contractor, builder or handyman to install wall cabinets, but you do need to follow the instructions. If you’re committed to installing your own mount cabinets wall cabinets, gather materials, you must be prepared to make a certain amount of lifting force and follow these steps to hang wall cabinets.
- Plan your space. A scale drawing of the wall will be sufficient to trace exactly where you want to install the wall cabinets.
- Determine if your floor is level.
- Measure and mark 54 inches (137 cm) from the floor. If the floor is not level, measured from the highest point.
- Draw a horizontal line to the mark. Use a level to ensure a straight and horizontal line to hang the wall cabinets.
- Find the wall studs using a stud finder. Mark the location of the posts along the horizontal line assembly.
- Ensures along the main line to hang table. The table will support your cabinets during installation. Screw of the primary beam on the wall in the places of the uprights.
- Remove all doors, handles and cabinet knobs. This will ensure that the load is as light as possible, while you hang the wall cabinets.
- Board many cabinets as you can lift. Use clamps them together side by side walls of the vertical cabinet. Once the clamps are attached, make sure the cabinet faces are the same color.
- Connect the cabinets. Drill, then screwed the adjacent cabinets together in 4. Two at the top and two at the bottom, sides of the right and extreme left
- Lift the cabinets and put them in the main table in its designated place. Check that are level before moving to the next step.
- Then screw the cabinets in the wall studs. Be sure to screw them through the thick side at the top of the cabinets.
- Check with plumb and level after hanging wall cabinets and before moving on to the next set of cabinets.
- Repeat this process for each cabinet until all the wall cabinets are hung up.
- Remove the main table.
- Place all cabinet doors and other items after completely install wall cabinets.
- Measured level and plumb twice before putting anything in its place.
- Pay attention to the location of electrical wiring and plumbing when deciding where to drill.
- If you plan to install tiles after hanging wall cabinets, be sure to include the thickness of the tiles in measuring horizontal line assembly.
- Use fasteners if necessary, to level the cabinets before fixing them to the wall.